Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year 2023......by Indian artist Manisha Vedpathak

 Returning here after a long long long gap of almost a year. 

2022 was very satisfying and busy like previous years. To sum up the events , the year started with achieving First Woman's Global Icons award. Co-curated a show in March which was followed by a huge loss as my Mom passed away in April. Took a little time to come out of this grievance. Was selected for an Art Residency by artist and curator Raju Sutar and Vaishali Oak. Had a show In November, curated by Raju Sutar , where I created a site specific installation. Participating with me were the same group members from the Residency. Though the show was postponed and I couldn't attend it as I had already travelled to Ghana. But thanks to our curator and the participating friends that my installation was up and quite popular as was told by my friends. 

Stayed in Accra, Ghana for 2 months and the stay was very fulfilling. Did studio visits of senior contemporary artists which I will posting very soon. I am sure you all will enjoy the Ghanaian contemporary art. Met old artist friends. It was fun catching up with them. Attended various exhibitions. All in all it was artful 2 months that I spent in Ghana.

I will soon will be posting all the pics of various events, starting with the Gold Icon Award.

With Gratitude, I wish to take you all in the  New Year 2023, a year in which you cherish the past year's memories.  Happy New Year 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment