Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"Forest Bathing"....an abstract painting by Indian artist Manisha Vedpathak





My readers did not see my new posts for 2 reasons. First I wasn't able to insert image for some technical reason for so long. Second I was very busy with my upcoming exhibitions in November. By  joining a team of 2 female artists named Smita Raje-Deshpande and Vaishali Rajapurkar, I have entered curation. The name of this group is Artlane  who is dedicated to art and they hold exhibitions , discussions , art talks under the banner of  "Kalagoshthi". Will keep updating with all the activities of this group.
   Hopefully I will be able to insert images and post regularly.

It's amazing about how beautiful and  fresh the air is when you walk through a lush forest. Sometimes all you need is a walk through the forest to escape from the hustle and bustle of the urban life. As I am painting more canvases on the theme of dark forest  , I am longing to meander through the lush forest. This series is progressing steadily with Reflection series.
I came across a term called " Forest Bathing". It's nothing but a serene walk in the dense forest. It is actually called Shinrin Yoku and originated in Japan where it was first used as an anti stress therapy in the 1980's. They say the different shades of green have a positive effect on our psyche.
So here is my another painting on dark forest.

This painting I had posted earlier. I added more layers to the painting .

2 comments: