Wednesday, November 16, 2016

"Less is more"....an abstract painting by Indian artist Manisha Vedpathak

With the current condition in India, people are managing with very 
less cash in hand, by surviving with fewer needs. There is a cash
 crunch everywhere. I started this painting on the day the government
 declared that 500 and 1000 currency notes will be banned in an 
effort to curb black money, causing a stir in the country. 
People have left with only 100 Rs and below and cannot withdraw
 a bigger amount from ATM as well as from the banks. 
 Now I won't  go into details of the political scenario but my painting reflects what 
people are learning from this situation. LESS IS MORE. This is represented
 by the simplicity of the painting. I have just filled up the shapes with
 different shades of red and yellow and I loved it. 


"Less is more"
Acrylic on canvas, 12"x 35"

Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment