Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Vakratunda...Lord with a twisted trunk"....An acrylic painting by Manisha Vedpathak

"Vakratunda...Lord with a twisted trunk"
An acrylic on canvas, 27.5"x50"
 
 
Lord Ganesh is a Hindu deity in human form but
with elephant head.
Every Hindu house in India will have Lord Ganesh
in the form of a photo or a painting or a statue. HE is
a very popular figure in Indian Art. You will notice ,
also called Om in the bottom left corner of the painting.
 Lord Ganesh is identified with this Hindu mantra OM.
We believe in the power of Lord Ganesh to remove
 the obstacles and ensure success.
 
Time for my solo exhibition is nearing and I am
finding myself very much engrossed in painting.
 I just have three weeks left to send my artworks
 to the gallery for stretching. I always prefer to send
the artworks rolled and  take the  assistance of the
 gallery  for stretching.
 
This painting will be a part this exhibition .
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Prachtige kleuren en heel mooi geschilderd lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manisha, It's lovely to hear the excitement in your writing!
    I hope all goes well for you.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respected Manisha Vedpathak madam

    Namaste. Manisha madam it is very glad to know that your artwork is recognized and appreciated by artists community of Ghana and Arfica. It is very happy to see that your art works exhibited in Ghana. Manisha madam best wishes for your arts projects and i hope you are reaching more heights in your passion.

    Manisha madam being a versatile and talented artist by yourself from my side a small request and suggestion to you. Like this Ganesha painting some times please focus on drawing several themes relating to Indian Heritage and Culture i.e. Indian monuments, Indian temples, Indian dances, Indian customs/traditions and other themes and also sometimes please try madhubani, kalamkari, warli, keral mural etc. folk paintings themes of India because now-a-days people forget about our glorious heritage. Hence atleast some artistic talented people like you take some initiative to preserve our age old arts like this Ganesha painting in their own artistic way and showing them people of Ghana and Arfica and other countries where you travel because you have a versatile artist and you travel extensively then through your contributions relating to Indian Heritage and Culture many people in other countries recognized the greatness and glory of our Incredible India and its Tangible and Intangible Heritage. I hope you understand what i am mentioned here. But this is my suggestion only.

    Manisha madam recently i am presented my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage and Culture to young children. In this seminar i am sharing my paintings and other collections relating to Indian Heritage and explaining children about various aspects of our Heritage and Culture through my collections. Children are eagerly participated in my seminar and they clarified their doubts about our glorious heritage.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2014/12/my-third-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

    Manisha madam please look into my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage post and share your valuable and inspirational comment for the same.

    Manisha madam I hope you like my blog and join as a member to my blog.

    ReplyDelete